Saturday, January 23, 2010

Brooke's tutu and Nixon's hair cut

Last week at Hobby Lobby they had tulle on sale for 77 cents a yard, so I decided that to make a tutu for Brooke. She was so excited and wanted to help me. Yesterday we cut the tulle, sewed the elastic and tied the tulle onto the elastic.
She LOVES it! She put it on and ran to find her fairy wings that just happen to match and wanted to find her wand. She was so excited that she could be a fairy, and we decided that she could use that as her Halloween costume and it all cost less than $5!
Last Saturday JD and I gave Nixon a hair cut. I should have taken a before picture to compare, but I didn't. He hates getting his hair cut. Last time we did it his hair did not turn out so well, but this time we got it all even. We just you the clippers to cut his hair. He has to sit on JD's lap while I buzz. The poor little boy cried the entire time and he loves to suck on his fingers, so he would try to do that to soothe himself, but he couldn't even do that because he would get hair in his mouth. But he survived and his little curls in the back had to go. He looks so big when he gets his hair cut. He's turning into my little boy, so that I don't have a baby anymore.

Nixon loves to get his picture taken and all I have to do is get the camera out and he comes running. I tell him to say cheese and he does, it's so cute. He's pretty much yelling "CHEESE!" in this picture.

1 comments:

The Owens said...

Great job on the tutu, Brooke is gorgeous!! Nixon is so cute!!