Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring is here, sort of...

We've been waiting for a while for nice warm spring weather. This is my first official winter, where it has lasted more than what seemed like only a month. So last week we were enjoying weather in the 60s and 70s, in fact the temperature on Friday was a pleasant 75 degrees. Then on Saturday, the day Spring arrives, the weather turns bitterly cold and we have rain on and off all day. By nightfall it was snowing very lightly, but still sticking. We were expecting a light dusting to an inch. To my surprise and my children's joy we woke up to 6 inches of snow and more still falling!!! Luckily for me, with my first experience driving in snow... (JD's out of town, and we had to go to church) the streets were clear or just slushy, so we made there and back alive. To my surprise as we were leaving church the snow was already melting and quite quickly!! So we got home and out of our church clothes bundled up in our warm ones and went to play for a little bit in what snow was left. Today we are again enjoying spring weather! You never know what you'll get in good ol' Texas!

0 comments: