Friday, January 2, 2009

TEXAS

We are finally here! We left Mesa early Monday morning and got in late that night. I don't think we knew just how long of a trip it was going to be. Luckily, Jill and Kevin had offered to fly Nixon over for us, which was a great blessing for us!! It was fun to have them here for a couple days. We moved into a two bedroom apartment, which is an adjustment from our home in Queen Creek, but we're getting use to it. We live on the third floor, I know crazy, but Brooke loves going up and down the stairs all the time, at least for now. JD's new boss had some guys from his work come over and help us move in, as did Kevin and Jill. It made it go really fast. Now we just have to unpack everything, or atleast the things that we need for now. It's really pretty here and cold, for me anyway. I've always loved coats and sweaters so this could be a fun thing for me to get all bundled up, and not have to have it be so cold that is snows.

We miss everyone a lot! Brooke is everyone's Mii on the Wii, so we have fun with you guys that way, I guess. I've met a lot of the guys and their families that JD works with and they are really nice! We went and played games with them on New Year's Eve and then last night we went to Joe and Alisha for dinner and watched to Rose Bowl. (Joe is JD's boss). I'll take pictures of where we live so I can post them for everyone. We love and miss you all like crazy! Hopefully we'll be able to come and visit in a few months.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys made is safe and are getting use to your new diggs:).

Melissa B said...

Sorry we didn't get a chance to get together before you left! I hope you get settled in soon. Please call me next time you are in town and send me your new # if you change it!

Unknown said...

Send or post some pics when you get the chance. I guess that when I want to see you guys I'll be flying. I heard it took way longer than 15 hours! And I thought the Utah drive was bad! Miss you guys!

The Fraughts said...

Yeah, I'll post some pics soon. I just have to find my cord to upload some pics to the computer. Yeah it took 18 hours! Not the most fun trip, yet we did have to make a potty stop on the side of the highway! But is that was family trips are all about bizarre memories?? We miss you guys a lot! I was going to take some pics on Monday because we had freezing rain so there were icicles on our car, but it was to cold and raining, so I didn't. Love ya!